Contact Form 7
In this section of the User Guide we will discuss how to install the Contact Form 7 plugin and how to add contact forms to your pages.
Caledon comes with Contact Form 7 integration, making it possible to create contact forms for various purposes.
In order to setup Contact Form 7, please perform the following steps:
- Navigate to Plugins > Add New from your WordPress admin panel.
- Type "Contact Form 7" in the search field.
- Locate "Contact Form 7" in the search results and click on Install Now.
- Once installation is complete, click on Activate Plugin.
Now when you use Visual Composer while creating your pages, you will see a new shortcode in the list of shortcodes – the Contact Form 7 shortcode.
Click on this shortcode to add a contact form to your page. There are several fields to fill in:
- Form title – Enter text to use as the contact form title. Leave blank if no title is needed.
- Select Contact Form – Choose a previously created contact form from the drop down list.
- Style – You can style each form element individually in Theme Options > Contact Form 7. Here you can choose which of the predefined styles will be applied.
You can read more about the Contact Form 7 plugin at https://wordpress.org/plugins/contact-form-7/.
3rd Party Integration
If you wish to integrate a newsletter sending service, you need to additionally install a plugin called "Forms: 3rd-Party Integration." You can check out the link to their site here: https://wordpress.org/plugins/forms-3rdparty-integration/.
Once you've completed the installation process and activated this plugin, navigate to Contact > 3rdparty Services from your WordPress admin panel in order to set the options. For more information on setting up this plugin, check out the following link: https://wordpress.org/plugins/forms-3rdparty-integration/screenshots/.